Thank you for your desire to contribute your story to this digital collection.
Being a participant in this project will provide you with a link to the occupational therapy community around the world and for students, it represents a unique learning opportunity. In order to make the most of your experience of contributing, we have prepared a series of resources to assist you.
Watch our “how to” video below and meet a member of the team, occupational therapist Mike Jarrey, in Belgium!
Digital stories will be no more than 4 minutes in length and address the following questions either by self-narration or as facilitated by an interviewer:
- WHO are you/your group? (As much as you are comfortable sharing)
- WHERE are you located? (As much as is appropriate/comfortable. For example: at my or someone else’s home: in a workplace: in a private or publicly funded institutional setting; in a religious organisation; in a local community setting or facility; in the natural environment; in a civic or public space)
- WHAT do you DO that is meaningful to you? (for example; caring for a pet: preparing/cooking/sharing food; teaching children; working in nature/the garden; working in IT or being a computer “gamer”; creative writing; volunteering; playing a musical instrument; being a friend; doing art or craftwork of any type; being a parent or carer; running a small business; being a worker/professional of any type )
- HOW do you do this (Basic outline, not too much technical information) or what PREVENTS you from doing this at present and what is that like?)
- WHY is it meaningful to you? (personal/social/cultural/economic reasons)
Please do not add copyrighted music to your videos. We cannot accept any videos that contain copyrighted music.
You may include music which is considered an original piece of work (e.g yourself playing the piano).
Ready to tell your story?
Contribute your story to the collection of “how and why we do” in the world.